- $5.7 million, K-8 Teacher Enhancement Program.
- Provides for up to 130 hours of professional development per participant over 5 years.
- Blends into a seamless program of teacher professional development (SB1331, CRMSE Content Modules, Math Renaissance Leadership Development, Governor's Math Initiative).
- Focus on deeper content understanding and appropriate pedagogy linked to standards-based materials.
- Provides for an assessment strand which focuses on student work as the centerpiece (MSU).
- Provides for summer institutes with limited out of class time for professional development during the school year.
- Districts can also use any of the three state funded professional days.
- Provides for site-based after school follow-up to reduce travel time.
- Provides for initial and on-going development of a county-wide group of teacher leaders (40-50).
- Provides for principal and other administrator professional development strand designed to deepen their own content understanding and classroom supervision skills.
- Provides for districts to receive $100 per day per participant reimbursement.
- Redesigns preservice by strengthening math content, methods and student teaching.
- Provides opportunities for teachers to earn a masters degree in Mathematics Education.
- Provides opportunities for teachers to receive training for supplementary standards-based instructional materials.
- Provides for distance learning to be used as a teacher enhancement resource.
- Provides a strong research component to monitor student progress and document best practices.